10 Reasons to join the Bullers Wood School for Boys, Parent Teacher Association known as BWSfBSociety
- Ok you pay your taxes but budgets at every school are tight. Money raised at school fundraisers is often used to pay for those little extras that can make a school a bit special, be it an interactive whiteboard or a school trip to the theatre.
- Knowing that they can (within reason) predict a certain level of fundraised extra income each year will allow your school to plan an effective and realistic budget.
- Helping at PTA fundraising events helps you get to know your kid’s teachers better and understand the way the school works.
- Being part of the PTA helps you get to know other parents and their children. This is important for school matters but also great for a more active social life!
- By joining the PTA you have the chance to promote and enhance your school’s standing within your local community and with school inspection teams.
- Although occasionally embarrassed most children do actually like to know that you are there for them, taking an interest and sharing their experience.
- Talking to other parents helps you and them. Sharing experiences and parenting tips helps us all.
- The commitment is not too much. The occasional evening meeting and the odd summer fete or other school fundraiser.
- Everyone has different talents and skills they can bring to the school and parents are a great interface between the school and the ‘outside world’… Very handy for raffle prizes, sponsorship or professional help.
- It’s actually quite fun to run the ‘splat the rat’ stall at the school fete. Or watch the kids enjoy themselves at the school disco or prom night. Isn’t this what it is all about – part of the whole parenting package!
So isn’t it time you got involved?
To find out more contact our School PTA by contacting the Chair, Louise Bowler, the Treasurer Gary Pickett or the secretary Susan Marlow at BWSFBSociety@bwsboys.org. This is one email address and all mail comes into it so please mark your email with who it is for.
Come on! You only need do as much as your life and other commitments dictate – we are currently 180 odd families who can help to establish Bullers Wood School for Boys within our community and for the community!!!!